Well, Halloween is over. Nothing much else to say.
This year was actually a pretty good one. Not great, but still a lot of fun. There were some ups and there were downs, but the good outweighed the bad and All Hallow's Eve did commence. I've made a few notes about the good and bad so I think I'll share 'em!
1) The lighting was a hell of a lot better this year. We used some colored florescent bulbs and the really added some color where needed.
2) My brother as our resident scarecrow managed to scare the ever living crap out of just about everyone.
3) The Graveyard was much bigger this year, with green witch jars, Blaircrows, and even a false grave.
4) My Death Studios witch mask arrived just in time.
5) A VERY unnerving and Michael Myers-ish incident that I'll post about later.
1) NEVER, EVER wait until the last minute to make your costume. It will look hasty, and the audience will know it.
2) I've got to learn how to take better pictures of my haunt.
3) Remember to take some video next year.
4) Wear make-up instead of a mask, so you don't wind up dripping buckets of sweat off your head!
I'm waiting for my mom to e-mail the pics to me, and hope you guys will like our handiwork this year. It's interesting - this is the first year in a long time where I don't fin myself suffering from post-Halloween depression. Probably because I looking forward to next year's haunt, with a new location (more on 2011 later).
Just a few last minute updates: I've won some Day of the Dead awesomeness from Autumnforest at her blog, and I'd like to welcome my new follower Spookworks. So until next time, Stay Scary!