Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Carnival Haunt & Prop favorites

Well, I'm all geared up to do a Gothic Carnival this year, and so I've been searching the forums, Google, YouTube, and other sources fir inspiration for the carnival. I decided to share one of my favorite carnival haunts, and one of my favorite carnival props.

#1: the Pivnik Haunt 2009:
OK, so this is another haunt that isn't the world's greatest. But I like how they avoided cliched "evil clowns" for the most part. They used some cool effects to provide a Carnival-type atmosphere, instead of doing a stupid "Funhouse of Fear" theme, where they just painted striped walls and had guys in clown masks jumping around corners. They set design isn't the best, nor is it ultra-scary, but it looks fun and very much what I hope to achieve. Here's a link:

the Pivnik Haunt 2009 YouTube



#2: Oszlar the Magnificent prop:
this is an awesome high-tech prop, and cool variation on your average "Fortune Teller" I found this just after joining the GOE Network, and I love it! It's given me a real kick in the @$$ to improve my witch and turn her into a skull-faced Fortune Teller, like in the movie Big. Definitely check this out:

Oszlar the Magnificent on GOE Network


Well, I hope this is inspiring to readers who hope to do a carnival theme one day. As for me, it's back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bud,

    Awesome reviews and updating you're doing here these days. I'm planning to follow the links a couple at a time, to see how the other half haunts. Thinking, thinking, thinking about Dark Carnival backdrops and scenery such. Talk you soon!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been planing a similar idea for a haunt for a while. sadly I have a small apartment and mine is far from happening.

    I'm a bit excited to hear a bit more about the one you have planed. you seem to get a good back story only makes a good haunt better and that a "Dark Carnival" needs more then a few bad clown masks to make it good.

    by the way, have you ever read "something wicked this way comes" by Ray Bradbury?

    ReplyDelete