Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween, and a Self Portrait

It's here. By tomorrow, magic will fill the streets, darkness shall fall, and Halloween shall commence. Snow or no snow, we WILL create a spectacle for the Trick-or-Treaters and their families. To all my fellow haunters, I wish you all the best of luck, and to the rest of you, savor this greatest of days.

And now, I'd like to thank each and every one of you who came across my little slice of the internet. I can remember starting this blog in Middle School after finding Pumpkinrot's blog, and I now have 76 followers. I have been very fortunate to have found so many amazing people and blogs over the past two-and-a-half years. Many of you have been a great inspiration to me, in both Halloween and in life. I don't know if I will blog forever (I want to), but I will certainly remember the time I spent writing my thoughts, and the wonderfully people I've stumbled across that I would almost certainly have never met otherwise. So I thank you all for supporting my blog. You are ALL awesome!

Before I show you my self-portrait, I'd like to dedicate this Halloween to a few special people:
1) My Mom. You have always supported my insanity, and have such talent, and are one of the most loving people I know. Love you!
2) My Step-Dad, Ben. You have been a great influence in my life, and have really pushed me to think, and not just become a boring, unoriginal person. Thank you.
Last, but certainly NOT least...
3) My friend, Autumnforest. You are truly one of the wisest souls around, and a good friend. You always have words of encouragement, and wisdom. May life continue to give you adventurers.

Now, a self-portrait. I did myself as Edvard Munch's The Scream two years ago as a Freshman, in a Photoshop class. Hope you like;


Happy Halloween to us all!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you & yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!
    Happy Halloween to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Handsome. You are toooooo kind! I am a big goofball and not to be taken too seriously at times, but when it comes to my blogging tribe, I am a fierce mama bear. You are a very rare tribe member. If we could be a community, I would make you the shaman. Keep it up--always honor Halloween and ask questions of authority. Make your own decisions, gain your own knowledge, and for goodness sake--enjoy Halloween movies year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your portrait! And your post. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great picture!

    Happy Halloween to you!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That portrait is awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete